If you're an experienced and successful engineer, designer, salesperson, marketer, or if you can play another key role in our business, we want you to join the Files.com team.
We will succeed as a company if, and only if, we find and hire the best talent.
As a process-driven company that strongly believes in automation, we want even our support staff to be able to code where possible.
Our strongest applicants tend to have at 5 years of experience in a position with direct responsibility for designing, developing, marketing, selling, or supporting a software application with a large userbase.
Due to our size and the number of applications we receive, we have adopted a very tough screening process for new applicants. We only invite about 5% of applicants to an initial phone interview, and only about 10% of phone interviews lead to further conversations.
Working here isn't for everyone, but if you think it might be for you, please apply.
If you've read about our open-source approach to management, you know that we expect our staff to hold several roles in the company. Therefore, we make hiring decisions and conduct interviews based on broad skillsets, rather than specific role assignments.
Each link below will take you to a standalone recruiting page that we've built to be shareable amongst people with the appropriate skillset. We also post these links directly on job boards. That means they all have some redundant background information about Action Verb that you've probably already read by now. We ask your forgiveness for making you read it again.
We are actively reviewing resumes and interviewing for the following skillsets:
- UI/UX and Web Designer – Capable of working on UI/UX, and application and marketing design. Expect an interview heavy on CSS, UX, and design principles when applying under this skillset.
- UI/UX Designer & Accessibility Specialist – Capable of identifying accessibility gaps and creating universal / inclusive product designs. Expect an interview heavy on accessibility design principles, CS, and UX when applying under this skillset.
- Ruby (Rails + more) Developer – Capable of developing and working on backend systems in Ruby, including Rails apps, high volume APIs, workers, daemons, and other server-side code. Expect an interview heavy on Computer Science, including algorithms, data structures, and computational complexity (applied to a variety of programming languages and systems) when applying under this skillset.
- Infrastructure / Devops (AWS + more) Engineer – Capable of working on servers and infrastructure. Expect an interview heavy on Linux, security, and deploying and managing large systems of servers when applying under this skillset.
- Security and Compliance Lead – Capable of leading a fast-growing SaaS organization in security policy, monitoring, and risk management. Expect to be asked about your knowledge of ISO 27001, experience implementing organizationial policies, and familiarity with current best practices.
- Sales Lead – Capable of creating successful sales programs for a B2B SaaS company and managing a team of sales representatives. Expect an interview focused on sales strategies, management skills, and B2B experience.
- Marketing Lead – Capable of leading marketing programs for a B2B SaaS company through the use of various platforms such as email, social media, blogs, and video. Your interview will include questions about your experience creating and evaluating marketing campaigns, managing marketing dollars, and knowledge of best practices.
- Technical Documentation Writer – Capable of producing quality documentation, to be consumed by a highly technical audience. Your interview will include questions about your general tech chops when applying under this skillset. This written content will include code.
- Customer Success (Support) Team Member – Capable of responding to customer product inquiries and providing technical support. Expect an interview heavy on customer service skills and technical knowledge when applying under this skillset.
Working for Files.com
We think you'll agree that Files.com is an incredible and challenging place to do the best work of your career. Be sure to review our core beliefs as well as a primer on our open-source approach to management.