Smart Creatives, You've Found Your Home
If you're an experienced and successful engineer, designer, salesperson, marketer, or if you can play another key role in our business, we want you to join our team.
We will succeed as a company if, and only if, we find and hire the best talent.
As a process-driven company that strongly believes in automation, we want even our support staff to be able to code where possible. Most of our best applicants have Computer Science (or similar) degrees from a well-regarded university.
Our strongest applicants also tend to have at least 3-5 years of experience in a position with direct responsibility for designing, developing, marketing, selling, or supporting a software application with a large userbase.
Due to our size and the number of applications we receive, we have adopted a very tough screening process for new applicants. We only invite about 5% of applicants to an initial phone interview, and only about 10% of phone interviews lead to further conversations.
Working here isn't for everyone, but if you think it might be for you, please apply.
If you've read about our open-source approach to management, you know that we expect our staff to hold several roles in the company. Therefore, we make hiring decisions and conduct interviews based on broad skillsets, rather than specific role assignments.
Each link below will take you to a standalone recruiting page that we've built to be shareable amongst people with the appropriate skillset. We also post these links directly on job boards. That means they all have some redundant background information about Action Verb that you've probably already read by now. We ask your forgiveness for making you read it again.
We are actively reviewing resumes and interviewing for the following skillsets:
- Inside Sales Representative and Account Manager – Capable of selling our BrickFTP service to other businesses.
- UI/UX and Web Designer – Capable of working on UI/UX, and application and marketing design. Expect an interview heavy on CSS, UX, and design principles when applying under this skillset.
- Infrastructure / Devops (AWS + more) Engineer – Capable of working on servers and infrastructure. Expect an interview heavy on Linux, security, and deploying and managing large systems of servers when applying under this skillset.
- Java Developer – Capable of developing and working on client-facing and backend systems in Java, including daemons, data pipelines, and mobile applications for Android. Expect an interview heavy on Computer Science, including algorithms, data structures, and computational complexity (applied to a variety of programming languages and systems) when applying under this skillset.
- Marketing Content Creator – Capable of producing engaging marketing content, including blog posts, whitepapers, case studies, and video content, to be consumed by a highly technical audience. Expect an interview heavy on content marketing fundamentals, including copywriting and analytics, as well as your general tech chops when applying under this skillset. This written content will include code.
- Ruby (Rails + more) Developer – Capable of developing and working on backend systems in Ruby, including Rails apps, APIs, workers, daemons, and other server-side code. Expect an interview heavy on Computer Science, including algorithms, data structures, and computational complexity (applied to a variety of programming languages and systems) when applying under this skillset.
Working at Action Verb
We think you'll agree that Action verb is an incredible and challenging place to do the best work of your career. Be sure to review our core beliefs as well as a primer on our open-source approach to management.